To offer a fast solution to US-based machine tool builders, system integrators, and retrofitters, Siemens is stocking typical system packages that include the most frequently used Sinumerik 828D CNC, Sinamics drive, Simotics motor, and accessories such as cables in their Elk Grove Village, Illinois, facility to ensure fast and efficient delivery.
Additional benefits of ordering the pre-defined packages include a price discount, a simplified ordering process, and a shortened lead-time. The program is subject to availability and delivery time will depend upon the stock available in Elk Grove Village. Only customers in the United States with a physical mailing and delivery address are eligible for this program.
“Siemens is bringing the Sinumerik 828D to a highly competitive price point in the U.S. market. The 828D is a compact, panel-based CNC that offers machine tool builders very flexible machine design integration,” said John Meyer, marketing communications manager, Siemens Industry, Inc. “End-customers will benefit from our highly intuitive and easy-to-use ShopMill and ShopTurn graphical programming interfaces, which increase machine tool usability and shop-floor productivity.”
There are seven pre-defined Sinumerik 828D packages covering the most typical standard milling and turning machines. They include:
- 3+1 Milling with 6.5 Nm feed axes + 10 kW spindle.
- 3+1 Milling with 12 Nm feed axes + 22 kW flange mount spindle.
- 3+1 Milling with 12 Nm feed axes + 22 kW foot mount spindle.
- Milling with three 12 Nm feed axes, no spindle with S120 Combi drive.
- Milling with three 12 Nm feed axes, no spindle with S120 Booksize drive.
- Turning with 3 6.5 Nm feed axes, no spindle with S120 Booksize drive.
- Turning 2+1, 12 Nm feed axes, 10 kW spindle.
MORE INFO www.usa.siemens.com