Nagel Precision Inc., established in 1982, is an affiliate of the Nagel Group (Established in 1948). Nagel Precision is recognized as the industry’s gold standard in Honing and Superfinishing. We are located in a modern ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 certified 140,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
With over 1,200 employees globally and manufacturing facilities in Europe, North America, South America and Asia, Nagel supports your global programs locally.
Nagel builds both conventional stroke honing machines as well as single pass “precidor” honing systems. Proper honing technology is selected based on the part. Every machine is custom designed specifically for the application by utilizing proven subsystems. High Volume Production Honing Systems are fully automated and require very little operator intervention.
Some of the features of the equipment include:
- Post process gauging after every honing station, integrated to tool wear compensation system
- Servo controlled mechanical tool expansion and wear compensation system for high stock removal and bore accuracy
- Hydraulic tool expansion and wear compensation system for fine surface finishes
- Hydraulic / Servo controlled oscillation system
- Servo driven precision spindle
- Automatic tool changer (optional)
- Centralized lubrication system with reservoir level and dirty filter monitoring
- Hydraulics system with flow and dirty filter monitoring
- Pneumatic line pressure monitoring, system shuts system off if the pressure drops below the limit
- Centralized coolant system with coolant flow, level and dirty filter monitoring and optional coolant level compensation system
- Automatic part transfer from station to station and complete integration into customer automation
- SPC capabilities
- PLC control with Windows based HMI
- Incorporation of other secondary operations such as part marking and final gauging