With its rugged industrial design, Heidenhain’s new shop-floor hardened Gage-Chek 2000 evaluation electronics box is now available. Offered as a plug-and-play embedded system along with Heidenhain-brand encoders including length gages, this solid metrology unit provides reliable basic measurement of 1D values. The new Gage-Chek 2000 is well-suited for positioning tasks on many applications, from typical measuring rooms to a harsh production environment.
Built on Heidenhain’s next generation DRO software and hardware, the Gage-Chek 2000 offers a simple-to-view readout and up to 3-axis inputs. Its slim aluminum housing with integrated power adapter and fanless passive cooling system is sturdy and resilient.
The Gage-Chek 2000’s straightforward touch screen is made of specifically hardened glass and supports multi-touch gesture control, including permitting operation with gloves. The logical arrangement of menus and elements provides intuitive user guidance in the use of various functions.
Features offered in the Gage-Chek 2000 include:
- A digital gage view that shows the view an operator would have used in the past with any dial gage.
- Configurability of each axis for length or angle display.
- Measurement series with recording of minimum and maximum values.
- Simple switching of the counting direction.
- Measured-value output — either manually, continuously, or when triggered by a touch probe.
The Gage-Chek 2000 is available in two main hardware variants that are each provided with standard firmware with basic functions.
MORE INFO www.heidenhain.us