The CAM.3 builds upon Glebar’s 68-year history of providing grinding solutions to the medical device industry. A revolution in micro grinding, the CAM.3 is built for speed, allowing customers to increase production rates and maximize uptime while delivering micro geometries and superb surface finish.
The CAM.3 represents a new era of micro grinders and medical component grinding. Completely designed from the ground up, the CAM.3 micro grinder is built for high performance and efficiency. Parts are fed through the machine and spun at a higher velocity, resulting in a quick grind maximizing uptime and throughput. The CAM.3 grinding wheel runs with a 16-inch diameter and up to 3 inches wide. The work wheel is powered by a direct drive servo motor and ABEC 7 spindle bearings. It can also be outfitted with an internal balancing system minimizing vibration while running at high speeds.
The CAM.3 is built for speed, allowing customers to increase production rates and maximize uptime.
The machine is built to feed, spin, and produce at a much faster rate. The collet feeding system is placed closer to the work wheel, enabling the CAM.3 to handle longer and shorter components. In addition, the Y-axis can be tilted, enabling the operator to grind sharp corners and put complex geometries into a wire.
- Mineral Cast Machine Base: Built on a mineral cast base, weighing approximately 4,500 pounds for superior vibration dampening. Integrated air and oil lines reduce clutter and allow pressure to be set by the HMI. The enclosure is streamlined with safety interlocks and the platform accepts 6-axis robots, pallets, gaging, and other processes within the work envelope to facilitate automation.
- Grinding Wheel Spindle: The CAM.3’s grinding wheel is 16 inches in diameter, up to 3 inches wide, and is capable of achieving up to 20,944 surface feet per minute. The spindle is also offered with a built-in wheel auto-balancing system. CAM.3 is designed to be able to grind stock material from 0.005”-0.375” in diameter.
- HMI Controls and Custom Software: The 16:9 touchscreen HMI uses intuitive, simple to operate, functionality enabling simple multi-axis motion control.
- Automated CNC Wheel Dresser: Rigid large casting slides improve wheel dressing quality, using a large diameter 15,000-rpm twin-grip dressing roll and absolute encoders on both axes.
- Versatile and connected with industry 4.0: The IIoT connections monitor temperature, pressure, and vibration, alerting the operator of errors before they happen. The CAM.3 can easily be automated with the integration of a 6-axis robot for any pick and place application. Gaging and alternate feeding systems can be implemented simply under the new control structure.
- To improve production monitoring, operators can use the integrated MT Connect or OPC-UA interface with Glebar Advanced Analytics. This program interprets and synthesizes the data, delivering actionable real-time analytics on easy-to-read dashboards, allowing operators and managers to reduce scrap and increase machine capacity, uptime and output.
MORE INFO www.glebar.com