The Association For Manufacturing Technology (AMT) represents and promotes U.S.-based manufacturing technology and its members—those who design, build, sell, and service the continuously evolving technology that lies at the heart of manufacturing.
Here to Help You Succeed
At AMT, we understand that our members have two main objectives in running their business – increasing sales and decreasing costs! Understanding this fundamental perspective, we strive to address this need in two specific ways:
- We provide access to markets in the U.S. and around the world.
- We produce industry intelligence that will position your business for success and allows you to make informed decisions.
We bolster those core solutions with unique networking and engagement opportunities, such as hosting industry events, advocating for the industry, building a smartforce and providing access to leading edge, and potentially disruptive, technologies.
These AMT products and services are available to help you achieve your objectives and become even more successful.
MT also has representative offices in China, India, Mexico, and Poland. Visit our International Offices for more information on how AMT can help you overseas.
Committees and Product Groups
AMT programs thrive with the help and involvement of its members through volunteer committees and product groups. Guided by the Board of Directors and their vision through the strategic plan, AMT's committees and product groups represent the voice of the member in association affairs. Committees are the driving force behind all programs, products and services that AMT offers.
What is manufacturing technology?
Manufacturing technology provides the tools that enable production of all manufactured goods. These master tools of industry magnify the effort of individual workers and give an industrial nation the power to turn raw materials into the affordable, quality goods essential to today’s society. In short, we make modern life possible.
Manufacturing technology provides the productive tools that power a growing, stable economy and a rising standard of living. These tools create the means to provide an effective national defense. They make possible modern communications, affordable agricultural products, efficient transportation, innovative medical procedures, space exploration… and the everyday conveniences we take for granted.
Production tools include machine tools and other related equipment and their accessories and tooling. Machine tools are non-portable, power-driven manufacturing machinery and systems used to perform specific operations on man-made materials to produce durable goods or components. Related technologies include Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) as well as assembly and test systems to create a final product or subassembly.
AMT Executive Staff:
- Douglas K. Woods, President
- Amber Thomas, Vice President of Advocacy
- Jeffrey H. Traver, Vice President of Asset Management and Operations
- Peter R. Eelman, Vice President of Exhibitions and Communications
- Linda G. Montfort, Vice President of Finance and Human Resources
- Steve Lesnewich, Vice President of Global Services
- Christine T. Rasul, Vice President of Industry Management
- Tim Shinbara, Vice President of Manufacturing Technology
- Ian Stringer, Director of the MTInsight Group
- Greg Jones, Vice President of Smartforce Development
- Patrick McGibbon, Vice President of Strategic Analytics
- Paul R. Warndorf, Vice President of Strategic Planning