Sandvik Coromant is the world's leading manufacturer of cutting tools for the metalworking industry, with more than 25,000 products.
But that's only one side of the coin! In 60 countries around the world, around the clock, thousands of specialists deliver solutions to our customers.
• Sandvik Coromant is represented in 130 countries worldwide.
• Head office in Sandviken, Sweden.
• 7, 500 employees.
• We have customers throughout the metalworking field including the world's major automotive and aerospace industries, the die and mould industry and general engineering industries.
• In 20 well-equipped Productivity Centers customers learn about tooling solutions for increased productivity.
• We offer various programs to help you and us recognize what's best in your production – and pinpoint areas that need improvements.
• Our central stocking points in Europe, the United States and the Far East supply our customers directly, within 24 hours.
• We invest at least twice as much in research and development every year than the average company in our business.
Throughout the history of Sandvik Coromant there is a tradition of learning from our experiences. This has been the case since Göran Fredrik Göransson founded Sandvik in 1862. He was the first in the world to succeed in using the Bessemer method for industrial scale steel production in order to meet growing demands.
Göran Fredrik Göransson established two basic values that we still believe in today: constant technological development and close contact with the customers.
Our heritage is steel, but the real history of Sandvik Coromant begins in 1942, when Wilhelm Haglund was assigned the job as manager of a new production unit for cemented carbide tools in Sandviken, Sweden.
Who knew that 70 years later our tools would be used all over the world in the manufacturing of such diverse products as airplanes, smart phones, and beverage cans?