An abrasive blasting machine that in trial applications has shown to exceed the productivity and overall performance of other equipment for scale and flash removal has been developed and introduced by ALMCO, Inc. The new Model ATB-7, according to the manufacturer, offers greater cleaning speed and better time cycles than tumble blast units from other sources in effectively cleaning castings and other metal parts. Its compact size and unusual lift points top and bottom allow moving the machine from one location to another if required.
Designed for safe operation and operator friendliness, the rugged ALMCO unit has numerous important features including a patented Smartwheel™ blasting wheel that delivers 325 pounds per minute of abrasive at 300 feet per second velocity, for faster cleaning and cycle times. The ATB-7 also offers:
• Heavy-duty cabinet construction with structural steel members for extra strength
• A special NEMA 12 control panel completely wired, and a swing-away design that allows access to mill rolls and bearings
• Double doors on the rear of the cabinet allowing easy access to the cabinet and screens
• A heavy-duty, 40 inch-wide reinforced mill belt with specially designed ribs to aid in tumbling and unloading
• All motors gear box-driven, no belts, chains, sprockets, or guards necessary
The ATB-7, available with an optional Donaldson Torit dust collection system, is the initial abrasive blast unit added by ALMCO to its broad, expanding line of metal parts deburring, finishing, and cleaning equipment.
For further information call (800) 521-2740 or go to [www.almcoinc.com].