The Adams Company manufactures precision gears and shafts to our customers' specifications. We manufacture bevel gears, helical gears, spur gears, worms and worm gears, sprockets, and couplings. We also produce a variety of shafts: keyed, pinion, threaded or splined.
The Adams Company can provide the best solutions to your gear and shaft requirements in a timely manner. Our qualified machinists work with a full range of production machinery, including, CNC blanking, hobbing, shaping, vertical machining and grinding. We also have bevel gear generators, shavers, milling machines, thread grinders and broaching machines. We manufacture small and large quantities, heat treated and non-heat treated.
- Closely held private company established in 1883
- Over 100 years experience making gears, shafts & power transmission parts for customers throughout the U.S. & Canada
- Midwest location along the Mississippi River on the border of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin
- Within 2 – 3 hours of Chicago, Rockford, Moline, Milwaukee, Madison, Des Moines, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids and Davenport
- Custom made gears and shafts are sold to original equipment manufacturers of agriculture and construction machinery, oil recovery equipment, pumps, winches, wind turbines and many other industries
- We can work independently or hand in hand with your engineers to provide the best solutions for your gearing requirements
- We can create ordering and delivery systems to meet your specific needs