Smart Manufacturing Technology Ltd. is a globally integrated leader in engineering services and software development. Over the last 13 years SMT has grown from a small group of experienced and driven engineers into an international enterprise serving all sectors of transmission and driveline development.
Through our strategy, dedication and innovation we promise to continually deliver the most pioneering services and technologies trusted by the world’s leading transmission and driveline engineers.
MASTA – Gearbox and driveline design, analysis and simulation
MASTA is a complete suite of CAE software for the design, simulation & analysis of advanced transmission systems from concept through to manufacture.
Comprising a large number of inter-operable modules, MASTA can be applied to all industries that use gear-shaft-bearing systems.
- Accurately and rapidly design transmission systems from scratch or imported concepts
- Comprehensively understand the life of a mechanical part over the customer duty cycle
- Identify potential failure modes early in the product development cycle
- Rapidly predict key performance characteristics at the design stage
- Easily explore changes in transmission layout, component selection and/or design, materials and manufacturing processes in the convenience of a virtual environment
- Perform full system simulations for any transmission or driveline configuration
- Incorporate manufacturing simulation at the design stage to reduce process development time & cost
- MASTA’s unique and modern architecture written from the ground up in C# makes it a significantly more stable comparative solution for current and future operating systems
- Design entire transmission and driveline systems using a comprehensive selection of components and design databases
- Gear tooth geometry optimisation
- Durability analysis for gears, bearings, shafts & splines
- System Deflection Analysis & Optimisation
- System NVH analysis & optimisation
- Loaded Tooth Contact Analysis
- Shaft Fatigue & Stress Analysis
- Shift Performance & Quality
- System Dynamics
- Gear Cutter Design and Manufacturing Process Simulation
- Housing & Shaft Deflection
- Gear Scuffing Analysis
- Drivetrain Simulation
- Planetary Load Sharing
- Isight interface for multi-parameter global optimisation