Advances in Gear Design and Manufacture by Dr. Stephen P. Radzevich deals with gears, gear transmissions, and advanced methods of gear production. The book is focused on discussion of the latest discoveries and accomplishments in gear design and production, with chapters written by internationally recognized experts in the field. Topics are aligned to meet the requirements of the modern scientific theory of gearing, providing readers precise knowledge and recommendations on how perfect gears and gear transmissions can be designed and produced, and how they work. It explains how gears and gear transmissions can be designed to reach a high “power-to-weight” ratio, and how to design and produce compact, high-capacity gearboxes.
Gear experts from the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Sweden, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, and Israel have contributed to the book.
Among the topics that are covered:
- Fundamentals of transmission of rotary motion by means of perfect gears.
- Optimization of geometrical engagement parameters for gear honing.
- Interaction of gear teeth: Contact geometry of interacting gear and pinion teeth flanks.
- Design and generation of straight bevel gears.
- Elastohydrodynamic lubrication of conformal gears.
- Gear drive engineering.
- Adaptive gear variators – CVTs.
- Kinematic and power analysis of multi-carrier planetary change-gears through the torque method.
- Powder metal gear technology.
Radzevich is a professor of Mechanical Engineering, and a Professor of Manufac-turing Engineering. He received his M.Sc. in 1976, Ph.D. in 1982, and Dr. (Eng)Sc. in 1991, all in mechanical engineering. Radzevich has extensive industrial experience in gear design and manufacture. He has developed numerous software packages dealing with computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided machining (CAM) of precise gear finishing for a variety of industrial sponsors. His main research interest is the kinematic geometry of part surface generation, with a particular focus on precision gear design, high-power-density gear trains, torque share in multi-flow gear trains, design of special purpose gear cutting/finishing tools, and design and machine (finish) of precision gears for low-noise and noiseless transmissions of cars, and light trucks.
MORE INFO www.crcpress.com