Allied Motion Technologies has introduced the electric power steering (EPS) series for steer-by-wire warehouse vehicles, autonomous AGVs, and similar material transport vehicles.
The EPS series is a compact, fully-integrated motor, gearbox, controller, and optional output pinion. It is available in three frame sizes and 16 models to cover virtually any electric steering requirement in applications from small pallet lifters to AGVs/AGCs to multi-ton reach trucks.
The EPS series also offers an optional patent-pending feature – the Turning Wheel Absolute Position Control, which allows the controller to know the absolute position of the turning wheel without the need of external sensors. Combined with Allied’s patent-pending SWS steering wheel position sensor for manually-operated vehicles, the EPS series offers a complete electric steer-by-wire solution for material transport vehicles.
Allied Motion EPS series highlights include:
- 24, 36, or 48 VDC battery operation (72-80 VDC optional)
- EN13849 approved
- Customizable mounting flange, output shaft, and output gear
- Can be used in cold storage environments with temperature down to -35°C
- Optional tiller arm
- Optional Turning Wheel Absolute Position Control
- CAN communication for control and diagnostics
FOR MORE INFORMATION: alliedmotion.com