Since 1946, The Gear Works has provided precision gear products and custom power transmission services to industrial customers worldwide. Today, our main plant in Seattle is one of the largest and best-equipped gear manufacturing facilities in North America, with over 130,000 square feet of production area. Over the decades, the company has achieved world-class recognition as a leader in manufacturing excellence, customer service, and quality assurance. The Gear Works is registered compliant to ISO-9001. Our products and services include:
- Industrial Gears. External gears to 240", Internal gears to 270", including double helical gears, splines, racks, sprockets and bevel gears.
- Ground Gears. External gears to 95", Internal gears to 80". State of the art CNC gear grinding equipment provides impressive productivity, high precision to AGMA-Q14 accuracies, and competitive pricing for small and large lot production.
- Gearbox Repair. Over 50 years of rebuilding and improving gearboxes from virtually every major manufacturer. Emergency service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Custom Drives. In house design staff with extensive experience in demanding industrial applications allows us to provide custom gear drives that meet specific performance criteria. Our instrumented gearbox test bed can simulate actual operating conditions at variable speeds up to 150 horsepower.
- Stock Planetary Speed Reducers. Multi-stage planetaries provide ratios to 343:1 and torque load capacities to 6,000,000 Lb.-In. Recognized for their heavy-duty construction, Grizzly gearboxes provide application flexibility and superior performance under severe operating conditions.
- Gear Metrology Service. Our environmentally controlled metrology laboratory can provide gear geometry measurements and evaluations on gears up to 95" using modern CNC gear checking machines made by M&M Precision Systems.
- Spline Broaching. Hundreds of stock broaches provide an economical means to produce internal splines for most SAE pump applications. Our inventory includes a large assortment of involute, straight sided and keyway broaches also. A designer’s guide to internal broaching is available upon request.
For more information, please contact our Sales Department, or visit us at: www.thegearworks.com.