Rochester Gear, Inc., is a world-class competitor in the manufacturing of small and medium sized gears. The company is recognized for its excellent customer service and unparalleled quality of products.
In 1925, the company began as a small lot production machine shop and it was not until 1952 that the company purchased its first piece of gear cutting equipment. Then in 1994, the company expanded even further with the purchase of Rochester Bevel Gear, a company which was founded in 1945. Rochester Gear, Inc. gears helped launch the production of Xerox copiers and have even helped the moon buggy navigate the surface of the moon.
The company services a wide variety of industries including handheld power tools, portable mixers, business machines, off–road vehicles, medical equipment, peripheral aircraft equipment, and meat processing equipment, to name just a few.
Choose Rochester Gear, Inc. as your Gear Supplier and Benefit from Our:
- Superior Quality
- On-Time Delivery
- Competitive Prices
- Technical Expertise (19 – 35 Years)
- Skilled Machinists (70% Have Greater Than 10 Years of Employment)
Please review our other pages to learn more about our Capabilities, Services, Facilities, and how to Contact us directly with questions and business concerns. Thank you for visiting Rochestergear.com!
A pledge to quality since 1925.
Proudly serving New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Ohio
Rochester Gear, Inc. has a 25,000 sq. ft. facility located at 213 Norman, St. in Rochester, NY. Our working industries include:
- Power Tools— Our gears are supplied to various companies in the construction industry that produce grinding tools, drilling machines and saws.
- Industrial–Our gears are supplied to various companies in the industrial world. Our customers produce the following products: power tools, for professional and consumer use, mixing equipment, machinery, pumps, copiers, fastening systems and various gear boxes.
- Automotive–Rochester Gear is involved with various companies that produce transmissions and differentials to the automotive market. Although we produce production parts we are also very involved with prototype projects. We can provide the prototype service that customers require to meet their project goals of quality and service.
- Military–Our gears are found in the Abrams Tank and various robots that are used in the military and law enforcement organizations. The gears need to meet stiff requirements for quality and reliability. Our various military groups deserve the very best equipment. The various robots keep our military and first responders out of harms way.
- Medical— We supply gears to companies producing blood analyzing machines as well as the sample holding rings. We have produced gears for surgical instruments as well as X-Ray machines.
- Rail— Our gears are found in railroad switches, railroad signal devices and instrumentation in locomotives.
- Aerospace— We supply gears to companies that produce tools in the manufacture of airplanes. We also supply gears to a company that provides airplane cargo equipment.
- Business Machines–Gears are supplied to a diverse customer base that produce products for packaging equipment, tape feeders, material handling, agriculture equipment, food processing, screw machines and turning machines to mention a few.