Mitutoyo America Corporation recently announced the release of the latest LEGEX ultra-high accuracy CNC coordinate measuring machine (CMM). The ultra-accurate LEGEX 4 surpasses conventional CMM performance to deliver world-leading accuracy in length measurement of E0,MPE = (0.28+L/1000) μm.
With the unceasing advancement of scientific and industrial technologies and driving demand for significant improvements in high-accuracy manufacturing, Mitutoyo LEGEX meets the needs of a growing number of manufacturers with applications such as ultra-precise molds, components, and aspherical lenses in the automotive, aviation, and medical instrument industries and in the calibration of master gages for research institutes. To meet these increasing needs, Mitutoyo took a fresh approach when it came to accuracy, starting from the elemental technology level and working upward with the aim of eliminating all possible sources of measurement error.
• Sources of static and dynamic error minimized to realize world-leading measurement accuracy of 0.28 μm
• Fixed-bridge structure with moving table
• Base is made from spheroidal graphite (ductile) cast iron in a sealed-structure design to provide high rigidity and vibration-attenuating characteristics
• High-rigidity structure and feed mechanisms increase accuracy and improve cycle times
• Thermally symmetric structure features full covers around the main body to reduce possible impact in ambient temperature changes
• Vibration-dampening unit is standard
• An air server stabilizes the air temperature to 20°C±0.1°C
For more information, visit them online at www.mitutoyo.com.