The Motion + Power Technology Expo, formerly Gear Expo, has expanded its educational offerings as part of this year’s event October 15-17, 2019, at the Cobo Center in Detroit. For the first time, the event will offer an all-new MPT conference program with 16 sessions offered in two tracks: Emerging Technology and Business.
Attendees will learn from industry experts on the hottest topics including cybersecurity, supply chain, 3D printing, robotics, and much more. The event is produced by the American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) and the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA), and will be co-located with the ASM Heat Treating Society Conference and Exposition.
“We are excited to be offering an outstanding conference program to run alongside our expansive exhibit hall. Attendees will have access to a great line-up of thought leaders who will share their knowledge of several important topics impacting the power transmission industry,” said Jenny Blackford, vice president, marketing, AGMA. “Attendees will be able to learn about the research driving the next generation of innovation at the MPT Conference, AGMA’s Fall Technical Meeting, and other education courses.”
The following conference sessions will be October 16-17:
- Improve In-Transit Visibility to Reduce Supply Chain, presented by CalAmp.
- Economic Outlook and Trends within the Industrial Fluid Power Market, presented by Oxford Economics.
- Blockchain: The Future of Manu-facturing, presented by SIMBA Chain.
- Effective Contract Negotiations: The Path to Commercial Success with Large OE Customers, presented by Rouse Contract Consultants, LLC.
- The Evolution of the Automotive Powertrain, presented by IHS Markit.
- Workforce Development Using a Farm Team Approach, presented by Scot Forge.
- Cybersecurity Hygiene in Motion, presented by (ISC)2 Central Florida Chapter.
- Hire Like Nobody’s Business, presented by Diversified Industrial Staffing.
Emerging Technology Track
- Simplifying Industrial IoT for Discrete Manufacturers, by MachineMetrics.
- The Future of eMobility in the Commercial Vehicle Space, presented by Meritor .
- Processes and New Machines for 3D Printing Metal, presented by The Barnes Group Advisors.
- The End of Fear: How Collaborative Industrial Robots Will Change Durable Goods Manufacturing, presented by Veo Robotics.
- Standards for IIoT Interoperability, presented by MTConnect.
- Losing Teeth? The Future of Gear Trains in the Age of Electrification, presented by Schaeffler.
- Materials Challenges and Solutions in Additive Manufacturing, presented by QuesTek Innovations, LLC.
- Collaborative Operation in Industry Today, presented by FANUC America Corporation.