Gleason will introduce several new machine technologies at IMTS ’08 booth #B-6902 that are designed to take cost out of bevel and cylindrical gear production:
• The GENESIS® Vertical Hobbing Machine, a member of Gleason’s revolutionary new family of gear production machines. The hobber is particularly well suited for dry machining and features a small, compact machine footprint while delivering long-sought productivity improvements for spur and helical gears with diameters up to 210mm in diameter.
• The GENESIS® Threaded Wheel Grinding Machine, ideal for high production environments where even seconds count. The fastest, most compact machine in its class, with all of the operating and maintenance advantages of the new Genesis platform.
• The P 600/800 G Profile Grinding Machine, equipped with a powerful new suite of profile grinding software, greatly reducing manual setup and other costly non-productive time.
• SIGMA 475 and 1500GMM Analytical Gear Testers, delivering the highest accuracy and flexibility for complete bevel and cylindrical gear inspection. They incorporate a new three dimensional scanning probe head. They’re also powered by new GAMA native Windows-based software, capable of covering a vast array of cylindrical and bevel gear applications.
• New cutting tools and workholding systems will be on display, including a comprehensive line of hobs, shaper cutters, bevel blades and heads, replatable CBN and diamond grinding and dressing wheels, and plated diamond rolls and milling cutters.
Gleason Corporation is a world leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, construction, power tool, and marine industries, and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Plymouth, England; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Bangalore; India, Studen, Switzerland; and Suzhou, China. It has sales and service offices throughout the North and South America, Europe, and in the Asia-Pacific region.
More information is available by visiting [www.gleason.com].