Your AGMA/ABMA Annual Meeting Guide to packing
April 09, 2018
The Annual Meeting is only a couple weeks away and it is time to start picking out what you are going to bring. There are a lot of fun and different events happening this year, so here is a guide of suggestions to make things easier.
Don't shy away from dressing for the theme at the events; it will be fun to see everyone get creative.
1. Business Casual: Look professional but relaxed. Polos or a button-up and khakis are perfect.
Business Casual events at the AGMA/ABMA Annual Meeting:
· ABMA Members Lunch and Business Meeting: April 26 from noon to 2:30 p.m.
· AGMA Members’ Meeting: April 26 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
· General Sessions: April 26 from 3 to 5:30 p.m.; April 27 from 8 to 11:30 a.m.; April 28 from 8 to 11:30 a.m.
2. Resort Casual: Attire that is a sophisticated cut above daywear. More conservative than beachwear, but still fun and relaxed. May include tropical prints and colors. For example, sundresses, linen pants, sandals for the ladies and polo shirts, khakis or linen pants, and loafers for the gentlemen.
Resort Casual events at the AGMA/ABMA Annual Meeting:
· First Timer’s Reception: April 26 from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m. (invitation only)
· Welcome Reception: April 26 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
3. Golf Attire: Country club attire is recommended for Golf Tournament participants. This may include collared shirts, long pants or dress shorts, and golf shoes for ladies and gentlemen. Don’t forget a hat or visor and sunscreen!
Golf Attire events at the AGMA/ABMA Annual Meeting:
· Golf Tournament: April 27 from 1 to 6 p.m. (registration required)
4. Casual Attire: Neat, comfortable attire suitable for a night out to dinner or at a backyard barbeque. Yes, jeans are OK. But a collared shirt with khakis or dress pants is also perfectly acceptable. Come as you are in a clean and professional manner or take it to the next level and add some elements of the event theme to your outfit!
Casual Attire events at the AGMA/ABMA Annual Meeting:
· Corn Hole Tournament: April 27 from 1 to 4 p.m.
(Teams are encouraged to dress in uniforms or matching outfits for team spirit. This event will be outdoors so we recommend comfortable shoes, a hat or visor and sunscreen.)
· Friday Night Arcade Adventure: April 27 from 7 to 10 p.m.
(Take advantage of the Retro Arcade theme and dress in your best ’80s apparel.)
· Local Tours: April 28 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
(Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for the Revs Institute Automotive Tour and Florida Mangrove Eco Tour.)
5. Business Attire: Show off your finest professional attire for the more formal meeting functions. This may include a tailored dress or pantsuit for the ladies and a suit and tie for the gentlemen.
Business Attire events at the AGMA/ABMA Annual Meeting:
· Night of Comedy: April 28 from 6:30 to 10 p.m.
There is still time to sign up for Golf and Corn Hole. If you have any questions about the events or what you need to do to sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: www.agma.org