Dana Completes Purchase of Brevini Power-Transmission and Fluid Power Businesses
February 06, 2017
Dana Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of the power-transmission and fluid power businesses of Brevini Group, S.p.A. The combination of Brevini into Dana’s business creates opportunities for profitable growth. Customers of both companies will benefit from two complementary organizations, as the agreement creates a stronger, more diverse company to serve their needs.
• Immediately expands Dana’s product portfolio and establishes the company as the only solutions provider that can manage power conveyance to move machines and also perform the work functions of the machine
• Increases Dana’s addressable market for off-highway driveline systems by providing access to tracked vehicles in that segment
• Significantly broadens the opportunities in the industrial market – an important segment that Dana has served for more than 70 years
• Provides a platform of proven technologies that can be offered to Dana’s on-highway customers
• Accelerates Dana’s hybridization and electrification initiatives
“Our industry is going through a period of change,” said Renato Brevini, president of Brevini Group S.p.A. “The combination of Brevini and Dana creates a formidable player in this dynamic market. “Our customers and employees will find an ideal fit with Dana, a company that delivers true value through a commitment to innovation. Dana’s global footprint, operational excellence, deep knowledge of the vehicular and industrial markets, and position as a top-tier supplier to manufacturers will raise the profile and market penetration of our products. This is the beginning of a new era, and it will be well represented by the new Dana-Brevini logo, already visible on all our major manufacturing plants.”
Dana purchased an 80-percent share in the Brevini businesses, with an option to purchase the remaining 20 percent by 2020.
“Brevini is a company we have long admired,” said James Kamsickas, president and chief executive officer of Dana. “It is a strong, well-run business that shares Dana’s commitment to serving customers with advanced technologies that deliver exceptional performance and durability. Brevini’s product line is a perfect complement to Dana’s current offerings, which is why we executed this transaction at an opportune time in the off-highway business cycle.”
Brevini’s technology portfolio increases the patents and patents pending for Dana’s off-highway business by 33 percent.
“Brevini’s product portfolios will help us to increase Dana content on construction, mining, material-handling, and other off-highway equipment,” said Aziz Aghili, president of Dana Off-Highway Drive and Motion Technologies. “At the same time, it expands our opportunities in the industrial market, which has been an important sector for both Dana and Brevini for decades and will be further developed.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.brevini.us