The Machine Operator role sets up and operates assigned machines and gauging equipment necessary to process gears and/or shaft components from rough material for pre-heat treat processes or from heat-treated material for post-heat processes.
- Operate CNC lathe, CNC hob, CNC shaper, CNC shavers, deburring equipment, and/or Hard Turn lathe, and/or Hard Finish machines, as assigned.
- Set up and operate assigned machines in a timely manner.
- Produce and maintain all part characteristics according to specifications as well as visually inspect tools for excessive wear.
- Select and install tooling as required by the process sheet for setup to manufacture the parts.
- Physical aspects of the job include lifting parts weighing as much as 20 pounds of rough forging.
- Obtain inspection from gear lab and, if necessary, readjust setup to obtain proper spline or tooth form, lead, involute, finish and/or size.
- Inspect product samples for highest quality acceptance using proper inspection procedures and maintain S.P.C. charts, control plans, etc. as required.
- Performs minor and preventative maintenance as required and reports unusual conditions, safety issues or effective material to Coach.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and company policies.
Assist in maintaining atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing plant goals by using our Quality systems (e.g. QS, 9000, TS 16949) an Environmental system (e.g., ISO 14000).
- Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts that support department and plant goals.
Maintains work area housekeeping and assist in department/team housekeeping efforts.
- Assist in training new employees
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org